Wednesday, May 14, 2008

so far.

here's a quick rundown of my life thus far in Lufkin:

  • Moving In: this is much more time consuming than I thought. The Peterson family was incredibly amazing to allow me to stay in their guest house this summer, and I have tons of space. It feels kind of weird to go from having the smallest room in my parent's house (cough, cough if you're reading this, Dad) to having an entire house to myself. Movin' on up.
  • Workin': the kids here are not out of school yet, so there's not too much programming work to be done. But I have been in the office, getting readjusted and organizing and calendaring, which if you know anything about me means heaven on earth. I just got this calendar at Target yesterday, and it has brought me much joy.
  • Grocery Shopping: this actually really stressed me out. There's only one Walmart here in town, and it's always busy. And, on top of like a million and a half people running around, they did not have several food items at this Walmart that I normally eat back home, which as Brad can attest almost led me to tears. Last summer I could live without strawberry-watermelon popsicles, because eventually I would be home and able to eat them to my heart's content. I am incredibly excited and happy to be staying here permanently this time, but at the same time I am definitely noticing that I'm still a little emotional about it all. Which can lead to near break-downs in the middle of the freezer aisle.
  • Uno Tournaments: so Brad made fun of me when I purchased this game for us to play (I believe his exact phrase was, "yeah, I played that in like third grade..."), but since then he has become obsessed. 5 games out of 7 tournaments now consume my free time, and I'm discovering that even though he might not have played since third grade, he's still really good. I lose most of the time, but Brad is such a gracious winner (ha ha...) that it's still fun. =)

Coming Attractions:


I'm meeting Brad's extended family this weekend, and I'm oddly calm about it. I think it's going to be fun.






3 comments:

david said...

i know that i'm sitting 6 feet away from you, but if you want to move the 8 year old files, transformers t-shirts and box of card games off your desk it's really okay.

Anonymous said...

OK, as for the small room, you were 16 when we moved in and constantly promising to leave by the time you were 18. We gave you the smaller of the rooms thinking you would have it the least amount of time. We had no idea it would take so long to get you out of the house.

You paid how much for the calendar?

I cry every time we go to Walmart too. Usually at checkout.

Uno? Bring it on!!!!

Love ya.....

adrienne. said...

oh, Dad.

always the voice of truth.

=)