Tuesday, July 29, 2008

[because apparently Friday's are all the rage, and because I've been known to shake my fist at convention, I've decided to update my wide readership on the happenings of my Tuesday's. Maybe I'll do this regularly, and maybe I won't, but whatever I decide to do will defy convention, because I'm rebellious and such.]


I set my alarm at 6 this morning so I could wake up/talk to Brad before his DPS interview. I went back to sleep until around 7:30, when Brad called me to let me know he had found the place okay and was heading in.
I don't remember the entire conversation, but I think I might have told him to "knock 'em dead", which is not something I normally say as I firmly believe in the sixth commandment. But you never know what you're gonna get when I first wake up.

Around 8 I turned on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and ate some toast, then got dressed and headed into work at about 9.

I actually beat David to the office for once, and it was oddly quiet. I checked my email, which I've been doing quite frequently as of late, for any updates on job interviews. I have two potential interviews up in the air, but I'm waiting to hear back on the official dates because several SPR reps are out on vacation. [Update: Just found out I've got an interview on Thursday evening! Yay!] Around 10 we headed over to the conference room for staff meeting which was uneventful. I stepped out during staff meeting because I saw that Brad was calling, and got caught up on how his interview went (it went well, by the way).

After staff meeting we came back to the office and I played this game until lunch (I love it because it requires organization and planning ahead). David, Karen and I went up to Nac to have lunch with Ricky Ricks, the east district Lakeview coordinator, who wanted to hear our take on the week we spent at camp. We went to Auntie Pasta's, which is most definitely not my favorite restaurant. I'm finding out that I may not like Italian food, but the jury is still out. After lunch I went to the Runnels' new home, which I loved. I'm excited to see it all come together.

Now I'm about to meet up with Brad and relax for the rest of the afternoon. I foresee some Alias in my immediate future.

Have a lovely day.


3 comments:

david said...

although i am not a fan of the weekly my day posts. i am a fan of being in them!

Todd Wright said...

Why do you have to hate me so?

Anonymous said...

it's cool you were playing bp gas mainia