Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I took today off of work to spend the day with Brad. He's been working everyday for almost a week, and even though I get to spend most evenings with him, he's pretty exhausted by the time he makes his way over to my house. I thought it would be nice to spend a non-exhausted day together, and I was right! We mostly spent the day running little errands, but after getting some wings for lunch followed by sno-cones for dessert, Brad took me to Lack's Home Furnishings! I love interior design, and so this was heaven on earth for me. (I feel like a huge dork as I read over that last sentence.) We spent some time wandering around the store picking out our dream entertainment center and living room furniture. Apparently a comfy recliner is a must.

Afterwards we watched a couple episodes of Alias. We're on season four, and I have reached the point of being ready to be done with it. I love spending the time with Brad, but J.J. Abrams had already left the show to write for LOST at this point, and all the acting skills in the world can't bring it back to its earlier greatness.

Then we cooked dinner. (I love the homey feeling it brings.) I made homemade mashed potatoes! This was a feat in and of itself. I kind of just act like I know what I'm doing when Brad's around the kitchen, and secretly have panic attacks as soon as his back is turned. I've only made mashed potatoes once before, so I was nervous, but they turned out edible. Yummy, even.

In summary: fantastic day.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I can totally relate to the panic attacks while cooking. Sounds like you had a great day though!

Anonymous said...

Taking Brad through the Alias venture I see. J.J. let such a good thing die.