Thursday, August 14, 2008

As my summer here in Lufkin comes to a close, here are some things I've learned:

  • David can, and almost certainly will, drop you with his flip flop kick.
  • Scott has incredibly precise aim when it comes to the flinging of his sneaker.
  • I have more fun when I loosen up.
  • Texas really is better... in some ways.
  • My maximum capacity for no contact with a beach is three months tops.
  • Letting go of control and trusting God with my life is one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.
  • The schoolers at First Lufkin are among some of the coolest kids on the planet.
  • I can cook. Some stuff. And occasionally it turns out.
  • The Batman video still cracks me up after 14 views. And I mean, cracks me up.
  • The Bread Box + frequent stops + cotton candy = blue puke.
  • The Master Blaster is not worth the wait.

What are some things you've learned this summer?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'v learned you and Scott are awesome interns!!!