Monday, September 22, 2008

grossness.



So I'm sitting in my office addressing envelopes, and I decide I need some envelope addressing tunes. For all the yuck that is myspace, I have to admit I really like the fact that I can listen to a lot of artists' music for free, if they choose to post it on their personal sites.

I go to Chris Tomlin's myspace site, because I'm in the mood for "Let God Arise". Great song. Anyway, here's a part of what Tomlin's "About Me" section says:

"Tomlin doesn’t find a great amount of value in hashing over his musical journey again and again. It’s not that he’s disinterested, it’s more that he’s much more interested in the present.

“I want to talk about what’s right now,” says Tomlin, the singer/songwriter/worship leader/Texas native/three-time Gospel Music Association male vocalist of the year/two-time GMA artist of the year/two-time GRAMMY nominee/most sung Christian artist in the United States. (Sorry, Chris…we had to recap it all somewhere.)"

I know that a rep probably wrote this.

But can anyone tell me why this still really bothers me? I can't quite put my finger on it.

[On a side note, I love that being a Texas native is listed among his many humble accomplishments.]

2 comments:

Todd Wright said...

Yeah, that is kinda' weird.

chrismaroon said...

I think in the next photo, he might as well just get a wheelbarrow or a little red wagon to tote his hardware. It can't be any more awkward than that picture