Wednesday, October 1, 2008


I have to say, when I watched Sarah Palin speak at the Republican National Convention I really, really liked her. She has spunk and is a really charismatic speaker. But lately... geez. What do you think? Have you seen any of her recent interviews? Are you going to watch the VP debate on Thursday? Will the debate camp she's been in all week be enough?




Also, go here. I heart Tina Fey. [What's sad is that a couple of her lines are direct quotes from Palin.]

[Update: I have to say, she held her own.]


2 comments:

Todd Wright said...

Yeah...she came off sounding like quite the idiot.

Which is scary.

From watching the interview, it seems like she thought that maybe it would be edited...like some of her flubs might just get passed over. I don't if that's her fault for misunderstanding or the fault of CBS for editing.

The sad thing is that this doesn't seem like something that was spun to make her look like a fool. No...she looks like a fool all on her own here.

Dang it. I mean, I still find her terribly attractive, don't get me wrong. But I guess I really CAN'T have it all.

Romack said...

I agree with Todd. This is all on her. This isn't a soundbite - this was an entire interview. I really do feel for her, because the backlash has been pretty harsh. But, when she was up, people loved her. She was the new kid on the block, and people welcomed her with open arms. However, that newness is fading - and she's not looking so good anymore.

This debate will either save her, or kill her. I think this debate may be the most important thing for John McCain's shot at the White House.

It's really sad that this election is not being run like a Presidential election instead of a "high school student council" election. It seems like there is so much childish garbage coming from both sides. It's like a political "knife fight" instead of a and intelligent debate of ideas and strategies of getting this country back on track. But, both sides want to just take stabs at each other until the other gives up. But, they both end up looking like morons.