Friday, March 21, 2008

the good, the bad, and the boycotts.

The last couple of days have been somewhat interesting. For me, anyway.

I found out on Wednesday that after this semester I'll only have 20 more credit hours to complete before I have my BA in communication. So that means that if I take a couple classes this summer (which would be hard, but not impossible, to do on top of my internship at Lufkin FUMC), and then take 5 classes in the fall, I could be done with school by the end of December.Which would be amazing. Because if you know anything about me at all, you know that school is currently the bane of my existence, and that vanquishing it by the end of the year would be magnificent. Here's hoping.

On Thursday I went with one of my closest friends, Lori, to David's Bridal to watch her try on bridesmaid dresses for her sister's wedding. It was fun, because I've never stepped foot into a bridal store of any kind before, but I was kind of surprised by how grumpy some of the sales people were. I would think that because weddings are usually joyous occasions the people who work at a wedding store would be somewhat joyous too. But I'd be wrong. Disney does lay claim to being the happiest place on earth, but I always thought a wedding dress store would
at least be a close second. Maybe it was just an off day.

Today I found out that I have to work on Sunday from 2p-9p. I didn't even realize that Old Navy was open on Easter. I already had plans to spend the day with my family and have Easter dinner, and now, obviously, I can't. I can honestly say that I don't think Brad has ever heard me more livid. When they hired me they asked if I could work weekends and holidays, and I said yes thinking they meant Flag Day or Labor Day. Easter?! I mean seriously, Easter?! I could tell you many other stories of why this particular Old Navy is terrible to work for, but I won't. Just know that effective immediately I am boycotting all Old Navy product for the rest of my life. Yes, I will continue to sell it from Easter all the way til the end of April, but I won't like it. Yeah, I said it, I'm not gonna like it. Take that Old Navy. Happy Easter.


No comments: