Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Can I just say that I absolutely love the book of John? Whenever I really need to reconnect with God, it's the first place I turn. I think I'm going to read through the entire book over the next few weeks. For the last couple days I've really been stuck on John 1:16-18:

16 From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us. (nlt)

When I read this I had the phrase "unfailing love and faithfulness" running through my head all day. God loves me and is faithful to me. That's astounding.

I also love how the last sentence, "He has revealed God to us", sets the stage for the entire book by telling us that everything we see Jesus do and hear Jesus say reveals the character and thoughts of God. Amazing.

What about you? Where in the Bible do you go to reconnect with God? Read anything that blew you away lately?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good word, my friend, good word! Finally on blog again, I know i seem to always be crazy late in life. I would say without a doubt i head to the book of Isaiah when i need to be reminded of what on earth i am here for. I once read in some commentary that "the peoples only hope for escape, Isaiah declares is God's intervention..." Ha! My journey with Christ has certainly been one intervention after another and He often begins with a word, THE WORD from Isaiah. <3Lori

Lori said...

Greetings my friend! So someone sent this to me and I thought i would send it to you!
I am randomly tagging you...
7 random things about you:)
Go! <3Lori