Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I've actually done this before...

So my dear friend Lori tagged me to announce seven random things about myself. Here goes:

1. almost all of my pet peeves are grammatical in nature. I hate it when words are purposefully misspelled (like Kidz Korner, Sudz Car Wash, etc). I also hate it when Christian events/groups/what-have-you replace the t's in words with crosses.

2. I have huge emotional ties to the song 'Life is a Highway' by Tom Cochrane. it was me and my dad's windows-down-music-blaring jam song when I was growing up, and I also have distinct memories roller skating in Danny's garage to it when I was 7. it's probably gonna be played at my funeral.

3. Due to the fact that my mom literally sent my cat away to a farm, I don't form attachments to animals anymore. I might have a dog when I get older, but I'll only be pretending to like it.

4. One of my life's goals is to become one of those old people who yell at kids to get off their lawn, keeps the balls that get kicked over their fence, and gives out pennies on Halloween. I'm not kidding.

5. There was a point in my life where I ate Cheetos every day with great relish. now I can't stand them. some people (namely my grandma and people I housesit for) still hearken back to that time when I loved them and give me entire bags of Cheetos because they think they're being nice. and it is nice. it's the thought that counts.

6. I like to jam out to the music I listened to in middle school to be reminded of what dorks we all were back then. mmm bop, baby.

7. I think that lollipops are a waste of time and energy.


4 comments:

karen said...

The cheetos thing...I have so had a similar experience with my mother and chocolate covered cherries...I was never super fond of them, but my brother LOVED them...I get a box EVERY stinking year for christmas. For over 5 years I pointed out to my mom, "nice thought, but I don't like them". No good, I still get them. I'm past thinking it is a nice thought, perhaps I shouldn't be...

karen said...

also...I totally affirm your lack of use for lollipops, however, I think cherry and grape blowpops have merit, though sour apple are completely useless.

david said...

i hear that sour apple blow pops appease your husband when you've consumed all of the grape.

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Funny stuff girl:)